Why BIPOC Specific Therapy?
Many Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) carry a legacy of trauma and continue to face race-related and other trauma throughout life. We all need help and healing, yet it’s easy to be discouraged away from mental health, a white-washed field with a terrible track record. We get it. We co-create a space that empowers you to live authentically and fully, no educating necessary. We’re here for your liberation and your community’s liberation.
You deserve the freedom to be yourself with a therapist who makes it a priority to understand how race and culture impact your experiences of the world.
Some of the therapy concerns that we commonly address in sessions include:
- Racial Trauma: We focus on healing from and developing resilience to the impact of lifelong experiences of racism, discrimination, microaggressions, and macroaggressions.
- Intergenerational Trauma: Because unhealed trauma gets passed down to subsequent generations, we’ll collaboratively address your intergenerational trauma so you (and those you care for) can step into a new experience of recovery and safety.
- Identity Exploration: Psychologist Miranda Nadeau PhD especially enjoys working with folks to explore and own racial and cultural identity. Exploring your identity is an important step in healing and finding a sense of belonging.
- Anxiety and Depression: Experiences of racism, discrimination, and othering can worsen anxiety, depression, and other mental health concerns. We’ll help you manage the struggles you face, inside and out.
- Healing from Oppression & Responding to Discrimination: We focus on healing from the systemic oppression that people of culture face on a day to day basis. We believe that healing from oppression in the present is crucial in finding empowerment and liberation.
- Unpaid Emotional Labor: As BIPOC folks, we’re often made to feel responsible for educating others about our experiences and emotions and those of our racial groups, which can be exploitative and exhausting. At Panorama Therapy, we’ll help you navigate the effects of unpaid emotional labor and support you in setting boundaries and managing these dynamics.
Get Started with BIPOC Therapy at Panorama Therapy
Are you ready to improve your mental health as a person of color navigating this social climate?
- Reach out to schedule using our contact form.
- Get connected with a psychologist who cares about how race has shaped your story.
- Grow and heal in a relationship that feels affirming so you can show up as your authentic self.